adsense

Pengikut

leaderboard nuffnang

Rabu, 6 Jun 2012

No Cream Cheese Red Velvet Cupcake


Lately, a few friends in my Facebook’s friends list keep posting photos of red velvet cupcake. I couldn’t bear the temptations. However, I have another dilemma on this, to get ready made cupcake or bake my own. I've bake my own red velvet quite a couple of time. I love the simple recipe which I got from TheCakeMistress .com.




I hate weighing ingredients so I made some modification. I measured my ingredients by cups and substitute buttermilk with just a mixture of white vinegar and full cream milk. The result is, red and fluffy and essence of chocolate cupcake. Here’s the recipe.


Ingredients:
60 gm. Salted Butter – at room temperature
¾ cup castor sugar
1 egg – lightly whisk
1 ½ tbs. cocoa powder
4 tsp. red food coloring – liquid
½ tsp. vanilla essence
½ cup full cream milk + 1 tbsp. white vinegar – mix ahead
1 ½ cup flour – sifted
½ tsp. soda bicarbonate
1 ½ tsp. white vinegar

Preparations:
  1. Cream butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly, beat in the egg until everything mixed well. 
  2. In a different small bowl, mix cocoa powder, red food coloring and vanilla  essence  until it makes a thick paste. 
  3. Transfer the paste to the butter mixture and mixed well. Alternately, slowly beat in the milk mixture and flour. 
  4. Lastly, beat in the white vinegar and soda bicarbonate just until the ingredients are all incorporated. 
  5. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Using teaspoon, spoon a heap of the cake batter into each paper case not more than 2/3 full. Bake for 20 -25 minutes on the center oven rack. 
  6. Once the cupcake is done, set aside to cool while preparing the “No Cream Cheese Frosting”





No, I am not using cream cheese for the frosting. It wasn’t planned. It happened when one day I was happily baking my red velvet cupcake and then realized that my cream cheese has expired. It was late night and I need to frost the cupcake urgently (because I wanted to eat it like now). I goggled and I found another way (proclaimed to be the original frosting for red velvet cake) to frost red velvet. I use the recipe for frosting ever since because I love it being different. 


Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup full cream milk
½ cup flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
50 gm. Salted butter
½ tsp. vanilla essence

Preparations:
  1. In a saucepan, mix together milk and flour. Put the mixture over on a slow heat and keep stirring until thick. Have a taste first, if it's still taste raw, add a little amount of milk and keep cooking.  Let it cool. 
  2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla  essence  
  3. Combine both batter and mix or beat until smooth. 
  4. Ice the cupcake and chilled the remaining portion.


posted from Bloggeroid

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...