We had sardine pizza for yesterday's lunch. It was not in my plan to make pizza but I had to make something that is easy to make since my baby boy wouldn't let me be out of his side.Many may think making pizza is time consuming. Yes of course. It is because you have to let the dough to rise first before topping it and before tucking it into oven. I made two square pizzas. Yes, my pizzas are square. But, who cares? There are my pizzas. Aren't they?Let's check out the recipe.
Ingredients for pizza dough:
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/4 cup water
2 cans of sardine in ketchup - small
1 tablespoon cooking oil
4 shallots - sliced
4 cloves garlic- minced
1 ripe tomato - quartered and sliced
2 tablespoons minced coriander leaves
2 slices cheddar - shredded
Salt and pepper
1. For dough, mix all the ingredient well and knead to form a soft dough and n longer sticks. Set aside for at least 45 - 60 minutes or until it has doubled the size.
2. Once risen, separate the dough to two equal portion. Knead or roll with roling pin to desired thickness. Transfer to a greased pan.
3. Brush the surface of the dough with cooking oil and tomato ketchup from the sardine.
4. Cover with sliced tomatoes, shallots. Mash the sardines into chunks and arrange the sardines to the pizzas.
5. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Let it rest for another 20 - 30 minutes.
6. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Bake for 20-30 minutes.