adsense

Pengikut

leaderboard nuffnang

Selasa, 8 Mei 2012

Kek Gula Hangus - Caramelized Sugar Cake

Kek Gula Hangus - Caramelized Sugar Cake

When I was a small kid, my mother used to bake this cake. I think she might have made this cake for a cooking class for mother in our community. That was I think 20 years ago. The cake has different sweetness. It is easy to make but I think finding the best recipe is quite a challenge. Our office cafeteria once sold this cake but it doesn’t have the sweetness I was looking for. As usual, being so IT savvy and internet geek, I googled for the recipe.

Honestly, I don’t really know how to judge a recipe. I don’t know whether the recipe is good or not just by reading at the recipe. Instead of looking for recipe, I searched for the images. The most appetizing image of the cake wins my heart. The original recipe is from Almari Resepi and I am sticking with it. I’ve tried to make some modifications but to no good return. Therefore, it is best to stick to the original recipe except I added a quarter cup of water to the ingredients. This is the recipe and thank you so much Nita from http://sudipkayu.blogspot.com/.

Ingredients: 
1 cup granulated sugar 
¼ cup plain water 
1 cup hot water 
2 tbs. salted butter 
4 eggs 
1 cup evaporated milk
*1 cup flour 
*2 tsp. soda bicarbonate 
*sifted together


Preparations:
  1. In a thick bottom saucepan, combine granulated sugar and plain water and stir well until the sugar is fully dissolved over medium high heat. 
  2. Then, bring the sugar and water to a boil and reduce heat. Let it boil intensely for 8 – 10 minutes. The sugar and water mixture color will turn to amber then brown color over time. 
  3. Distribute the color by gently stirring the mixture using wooden spoon. You may turn of the heat when it reaches brown color and let it cool for 8- 10 minutes. 
  4. CAREFULLY, stir in hot water and butter. Stir well until it is well combined. BE VERY CAREFUL WHILE HANDLING HOT MELTED SUGAR
  5. Set aside for the caramelized sugar to completely cool.
  6. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until it is thick. 
  7. Then stir in evaporated milk until it is fully combined. 
  8. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well. 
  9. Slowly pour in the caramelized sugar with one hand while the other hand mixing in the cake batter. 
  10. Let the batter to rest for 3-4 hours and then bake in a greased loaf pan for 40 – 45 minute at 180 degree Celsius.

This cake already has its own fans at my office and my husband’s. Last Sunday I baked 4 loaves. My husband brought 3 loaves to his office for a potluck party and I bought one. Everybody love the cake!

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...