adsense

Pengikut

leaderboard nuffnang

Rabu, 17 November 2010

The not so common interest.

My husband and I have known each other for the past twelve years. We were classmate then. We never spoke to each other for two years. Only then he has the nerve to ask me to become his girl. After seven years of dating, he finally asked for my hand in marriage. During these seven years, I never met his mother or even his family member. My mother suggests not to. Why my mother did give such advice? She thought that it would be better if no special bond should be established before any arrangement on marriage being made. Dating requires only two people, so we better sticks to that rule.


Now, we have been married two each other for almost four years. Marriage is not a bed of roses. Yes, it is true. You are not being married solely to the love of your life. You are marrying his life. That does include his whole family, his way of life, his dislikes and passion and other than you can even imagine of. One of the major challenges is to establish a special bond with your mother in law.

Truly at first we have nothing in common. Most probably because we live in different surroundings and being brought up in different upbringing. It is a struggle for me. However lately I found that there is something in common between us. It is not actually common interest but rather a simple symbiotic relationship. I have something she requires. I can cook quite a few recipes and she needs someone who can help her preparing it. So that is how it goes. At least now I have something to look forward when we visit her on weekend.

1 ulasan:

  1. i must agree on not meeting the parents part.
    It'll be complicated later i tell u *screams from experience*

    BalasPadam

ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...