adsense

Pengikut

leaderboard nuffnang

Isnin, 17 Januari 2011

Pecal – Vegetables with Groundnut Dressing

My mother, father and my three brothers came over last Saturday. My youngest brother is scheduled to sign in as one of Royal Military College's boys on Sunday morning. I decided to make Pecal – Vegetables with Peanut Sauce for Saturday's lunch accompanying rice. As far as I remember, the last time I made Pecal was four years ago. Thinking that my kangkung is a fairly a good harvest today, the time is good. However, I still have to buy a few other ingredients from the store.
My very first harvest
Here are the ingredients:


Kangkung, yard long beans, bean sprouts, potato, square tofu, Chinese turnip and cucumber (you can also add crispy deep-fried fermented soybean cake a.k.a Tempe), shrimp paste cube, chilies, onions, ginger, lemongrass, garlic and roasted groundnut

Method:

Shallow fry shrimp paste cube, chillies, onions, ginger, lemongrass and garlic till fragrant and all starts browning. Turn the ingredients into paste and add in roasted groundnuts ground. Thin the paste with hot water. Add sugar and salt to taste.
Blanch kangkung, yard long beans and bean sprouts. Cut cucumber, potato and Chinese turnip into shoestring. Deep-fry potato and tofu. Cut tofu into thick slices. Serve vegetables and the dressing. Best served with tempura fish.

Pecal - Vegetables with Groundnut Dressing

4 ulasan:

  1. Looking at ur pecal made me hungry la dear.
    Terus teringat kat rumah. Huhu.

    BalasPadam
  2. Very yummy! hope I get to prepare it some day

    BalasPadam
  3. this time it wasn't good as before. i hope i have more opportunity to prepare it once again. i guess the portion wasn't right. anyway, prepare it according to your tastebud.good luck!

    BalasPadam

ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...