adsense

Pengikut

leaderboard nuffnang

Isnin, 23 April 2012

Kek Pelangi Kukus dengan Riben Masam Manis - Sour Ribbon Rainbow Steam Cake


I've been eyeing on this layer cake recipe for quite a while. I can no longer bear the temptation. Hence, I bought a box of self raising flour (all the other ingreadients are already in my pantry). I was also looking for the haw flakes candy at store. Apparently, they didn' t have it. I asked my husband where on earth we could find it. He didn't encourage me to use hawflakes in my cake since he's in doubt on the halal status of the candy. This candy has sweet and sour taste. It is round and thin. It is one of my favorite candy when I was a small girl. I was kind of frustated as the cake won't be the same as it didn't has the sweetness and the sourness of the candy. 



On my way to the parking lot, I passed by Famos Amous with a gummy bear stand standing at the entrance. Something in one of the candy container caught my eyes. It was sour ribbon. Yes! I can substitute the haw flakes candy with these. My parent came over on Saturday so I made this cake and it was amazingly delicous. I am going to make it again (absolutely will!). I've made some modification to the original recipe and hoping I do justice to the cake. The original recipe, Kek Kukus Hawflakes Pelangi was from Cendana Kasih. I reduced 40% of the ingredients amount from the original recipe. It did turned out great.


Ingredients:
3 nos eggs - chilled
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp Cake Emulsifier (ovalette)
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cooking oil - I used olive oil
6 strips sour ribbons
Food coloring - I use purple, blue, apple green, yellow, orange and red.



Preparations: 
  1. Sift together flour and baking powder. Mix all ingredients except oil, sour ribbon and food coloring.
  2. Then, add in the oil and mix with the batter untill it is well combine. Meanwhile, heat the steamer over medium high heat. 
  3. Divide the batter into few portion depending on the number of food coloring. Mix the batter with the food coloring.
  4. In a greased pan, add in the first layer of the batter and make sure the batter distributed well at the bottom of the pan. Steam for 5 to 7 minutes. 
  5. Repeat the layering process and steam each layer. You may lay the sour ribbon at every two layers before next layer of cake batter. 
  6. Lastly, steam for at least 20 minutes on the last layer to cook the cake thoroughly. Remove the cake pan and set aside to completely cool before taking out the cake out of the pan . Serve when cool. Store in a dry and cool place.
Thanks Cendana Kasih for this absolutely amazing and beautiful cake!





This cake is so beautiful, I hardly can't stop taking pictures of it.


posted from Bloggeroid

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...